Proust Questionnaire: Dr. Rahman
Shazia Rahman loves to teach and to learn. She is a postcolonial ecocritic, and she is in the process of publishing her first book while writing her second. Time spent in her office usually involves hot tea and an exceptionally good tangent which is generally even better than the original discussion. The following questions provide a unique glimpse of Dr. Rahman in her own words.
1. Who are your favorite writers?
Arundhati Roy, Amitav Ghosh, Kamila Shamsie, Faiz Ahmad Faiz, Sara Suleri, Mohsin Hamid, Tsitsi Dangarembga, Chinua Achebe, Assia Djebar
2.Which historical figure do you most identify with?
3. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Herbal Tea and a novel
4. What is your greatest fear?
Losing respect for myself
5. What is your greatest extravagance?
6. What do you consider to be the most overrated virtue?
7. Which living person do you most admire?
8. Which living person do you most despise?
9. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
You tell me
10. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
11. When and where were you happiest?
12. Which talent would you most like to have?
13. What is your motto?
Truth is Beauty
14. Describe Macomb in one word.
15. What do you love most about WIU?